Performance Solution Specialist
Here at RWL Tech, LLC we have spent years cultivating a culture of learning. Now we want to share that experience with you. We want to share our successes, our failures and mostly our hopes and dreams for the future because we believe that learning will be the primary key to success for any individual and for all organizations.
As we engage in a workplace where knowledge and information evolve at exponential rates, the only way to keep up is to learn. If your learning programs are not one the most important programs in your organization, your organization cannot and will not be competitive and thrive.
Join us on our learning journey.
Cheryl Johnson is a Performance Solution Specialist with more than twenty years of experience in coaching, learning, development and workplace training performance. With her pioneering attitude, Cheryl has made strong contributions in the areas of learning with an emphasis on behavioral change. Cheryl has been recognized as a leader in the architecture and design of interactive multimedia learning systems and strategies well-known educational psychologist, Michael Allen in his 2012 e-Learning Annual. Cheryl has dedicated her life to developing learning solutions that drive performance at work and in one's personal life.
It was while working with a partner, VoiceTeach, in 2001, that Cheryl assisted in the instructional design strategy for a powerful interactive patented, landmark online training solution for voice recognition technology long before online learning was deemed to be an effective learning solution. Cheryl continues to seek solutions to aid in the learning and development process. In 2011,
Cheryl partnered with Mental Training, Inc. to develop a revolutionary mobile application, MentalApp Mobile Mental Trainer, that supports high performing athletes in tracking mental training progress and connecting their success to their physical and mental training efforts.
In her volunteer time Cheryl works with people who have mental health issues to educate them on strategies for managing their health and wellness. Cheryl also works with troubled youth and their parents to find successful strategies for navigating the difficult teen years.
Of Cheryl’s many supporters and recommendations, it is common to hear that “Cheryl’s unique value is the ability to identify needs and address gaps and then develop long term strategies that yield positive change.” High praise, indeed!`
Click here to download and view Cheryl's portfolio.
Publications, Patents and Copyrights:
- Published section of Book Review: Michael Allen’s e-Learning Annual 2012
- Co-Authored patented online learning solution for voice recognition - VoiceTeach
- Designed CoursePower assistive technology plug-in for various courseware developers and LMS providers.
- Making PDF's, Captivate, Lectora and Flash 508 Compliant
- Co-Authored White Paper for Outstart – Learning Keys to Success: Creating a Learning Culture
- Published article in the e-Learning Guild – When Information Technology and Instructional Design Meet
- Authored a white paper for NetDimensions (EKP) – Performance Support Solutions
- Published an article for ASTD Learning Circuits on 508 Compliant e-Learning
- Published an article for the ASTD Learning Circuits on Gaming and High Level Simulations
- Published an article for ASTD Learning Circuits on Mobile Learning
Seminars Facilitated, Serious Games and Custom Courses:
- Art & Science of Learning – Local ATD (DCMetro) – Presented a 90 minute session outlining the various aspects of neuroscience that support effective learning along with techniques to engage learners and increase motivation.
- CUNA (Credit Union National Association) and RWL Tech, Inc. present: Creative by Design - Making an IMPACT!- Six week action learning course that walks participants through the ADDIE process in designing and developing courseware that engages the learner and makes an impact on the organizational goals.
- Department of Defense (Army Medical Training Center in San Antonio, TX) and RWL Tech, Inc. present: Creative by Design - Making an IMPACT!- Six week action learning course that walks participants through the ADDIE process in designing and developing courseware that engages the learner and makes an impact on the organizational goals.
- E-Learning Guild and RWL Tech, Inc. present: Creative by Design - Making an IMPACT!- Six week action learning course that walks participants through the ADDIE process in designing and developing courseware that engages the learner and makes an impact on the organizational goals.
- xAPI Webinar (ASTD) – This course outlines what the xAPI protocol is and how it is used in the learning industry.
- Brandon Hall Gaming Webinar – Co-Presented with Gary Woodill a webinar on creating interactive gaming solutions.
- ASTD Washington Metro (Local Chapter) SIG – Introduction to Gaming.
- Brandon Hall Innovations in Learning – Innovative Learning for ALL! A focus on making all learning programs accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities.
- E-Learning Guild - Making your e-Learning Interactive AND Available to All.
- ASTD Washington Metro (Local Chapter) SIG – Creating Interactive Webinars
- ASTD Washington Metro (Local Chapter) SIG – The ABC's of Social Learning
- ASTD Washington Metro (Local Chapter) SIG – Creating Engaging Simulations
- ASTD Washington Metro (Local Chapter) SIG – Creating 508 Compliant Learning
- ADDIE – How to create engaging learning following the ADDIE model
- Brandon Hall – Innovations in Learning Judge– Reviewed and scored e-learning tools and solutions. 2007
- Brandon Hall LMS Review Team – Wrote reviews for Learning Management System providers in the Brandon Hall database. 2007
- QuestionMark Users Group Speaker - 508 Compliance and Questionmark